High Achieving Business Internship
May - July 2021
Gain valuable hands-on skills in an international internship in one of Central Europe's economic and cultural capitals. Placement in a business or organization that is aligned with your professional and academic goals leads to a meaningful experience that will give your future career a boost. Throughout your internship and your elective class, you will be encouraged to immerse yourself into the local culture, developing practical skills in fields such as marketing, management, communication, international relations, economics, finance, accounting, and more. Build your professional network as you gain the hands-on international experience that employers value.
This program offers 2 internship options:
Fogelman Honors Scholarship:
||Study + Intern
- 6 credit hour Internship placement (40 hours a week)
- 22 hour seminar that will complement and help reinforce skills acquired through an internship
- 3 credit hour Internship placement (20 hours a week)
- 22-hour seminar that will complement and help reinforce skills acquired through an internship
- 1 course (3 credit hours) taught through CEA (see below for course options)
Students will be placed in an English-speaking internship position. In addition to the internship, all students will have 22 hours of seminar that will complement and help reinforce the skills being acquired through the internship. Internship work schedules will vary by employer, and students will need to be flexible.
Active participants in the Fogelman Honors Program
with a 3.25 GPA or higher will be considered for an additional scholarship provided by a private donor. For questions regarding this scholarship, please contact Dr. Kathy Tuberville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the Fogelman Honors Program is separate from the UofM Honors College.
||Program Cost Includes
||Program Cost Does Not Include
- $350 Application fee
- $300 Program Deposit (refundable less a $95 maintenance fee)
- Tuition for 6 credits
- Housing in a shared apartment
- Health insurance
- Cultural excursions & site visits
- On-site bilingual support staff
- Airport pick up on arrival day
- Roundtrip Airfare (estimated $1,100 - $1,800)
- Books (estimated $0 - $250)
- Course Fees (required for certain elective courses - see course description for details)
- Meals (estimated $300 - $400)
- Personal Expenses (estimated $150 - $300)
- Optional Personal Travel Expenses
Shared Apartment or House near the Dublin city center.
Optional Elective Course
: Participants have the option to enroll in an elective course. Courses include International Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Communication and Global Competence, Popular Culture in Ireland, and Contemporary Irish Literature.
: In addition to any application requirements set by Fogelman College, students must complete the Memphis online application. To start, students should click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page. Check "I have a user name and password." Sign in. You will be taken to your application. Please keep in mind this program may become competitive. Students who are not selected for the program will have the option to have their $350 application fee refunded or be able to switch it to another summer program. Honors students & Fogelman Honors Students receive priority.