The 2018 Photo Contest Theme is "Engaging with the Host Community & Culture"
Overview: The Memphis and the World Photo Contest is open to all University of Memphis (UofM) students who have had a recent international experience and international students studying at the UofM.
The deadline to submit an entry has been extended to Friday, October 19, 2018
Contest Theme: Entries will be judged on the ability to convey a cross-cultural experience through "Engaging with Host Community & Culture" in a single photograph. This can be defined as personal interaction with the local population of the host country and/or the portrayal of the essence of your international travel experience.
International student entries should reflect engaging with the Memphis community and culture.
Participants may only enter one photo and the photo must be taken by the individual. All photos should be accompanied with a brief text describing the cross-cultural component of the photo. Submissions will be judged by a committee.
Prizes: General scholarships will be awarded in the spring semester for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Submitting a Photo: To begin an entry application, please click "apply now" at the top or bottom of this page. Please Submit a digital jpeg file of the photo to the online application by the deadline with a completed entry form.
Photo Exhibit: Entries will be on display at the Ned R. McWherter Library Rotunda during International Education Week, November 12 - 16, 2018.
Photo Contest Rules:
1. All entries must include an international experience with the theme of "Engaging with the Host Community & Culture".
2. Eligibility - Entries are limited to the following:
- UofM students who have studied abroad - Photo should highlight interacting with the host community abroad
- International students at the UofM - Photo should highlight interacting with the host community in Memphis
3. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
4. Submit jpeg file to the online application.
5. Both black and white photos and colored photos are acceptable.
6. Submitted photos will not be returned to their owners and shall become the property of The University of Memphis Center for International Education Services (CIES), which will have a non-exclusive license to reproduce said photos in order to highlight international activities.
7. Entries must have been taken within the last 12 months.
8. Scholarship prizes will be reported to and disbursed through the Financial Aid Office in the Spring semester.