Memphis, United States (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
The 2015 Photo Contest Theme is "Engaging with the Host Community & Culture"
The deadline to submit an entry has been extended to November 9, 2015.
Entries will be judged on the ability to convey a cross-cultural experience through "Engaging with Host Community & Culture" in a single photograph. This can be defined as personal interaction with the local population of the host country and/or the portrayal of the essence of your international travel experience. Entries will be accepted from University of Memphis (U of M) students, alumni, faculty, and staff who have had an international experience within the last year. University
Photos of landscapes will be accepted, however, we prefer that you submit photos that exhibit cultural immersion in a country outside the United States or in Memphis if you are an international student.
Participants may only enter one photo and the photo must be taken by the individual. All photos should be accompanied with a brief text describing the cross-cultural component of the photo. Submissions will be judged by a committee. Travel vouchers will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each category:
1st: $100 Visa Gift Card
2nd: $75 Visa Gift Card
3rd: $50 Visa Gift Card
Please Submit a digital jpeg file of the photo to the online application by the deadline with a completed entry form. Entries will be on display at the Ned R. McWherter Library Rotunda during International Education Week, November 16-20.
The deadline to submit an entry is November 9, 2015.
1. All entries must include an international experience with the theme of "Engaging with the Host Community & Culture".
2. Entries are limited to the following:
- U of M students who have studied abroad
- International students at the U of M
- U of M Alumni who have had an international experience
- U of M Faculty and Staff who have had an international experience
4. Submit jpeg file to the online application.
5. Both black and white photos and colored photos are acceptable.
6. Submitted photos will not be returned to their owners and shall become the property of The University of Memphis Center for International Programs and Services, which will have a non-exclusive license to reproduce said photos in order to highlight international activities.
7. Entries must have been taken within the last 12 months.
8. Any prize money received will be reported to the Financial Aid Office.
Click "Apply Now" to begin an application.