This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Memphis, United States (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Study Abroad Photo Contest
Photos should be turned in to the Study Abroad Office (102 Brister Hall).
Deadline for Submission: 4:00pm Friday, November 5th
The 2014 Photo Contest Theme is "Engaging with the Host Community & Culture"
Entries will be judged on the ability to convey a cross-cultural experience through "Engaging with Host Community & Culture" in a single photograph. This can be defined as personal interaction with the local population of the host country and/or the portrayal of the essence of your international travel experience. Photos of landscapes will be accepted, however, we prefer that you submit photos that exhibit cultural immersion in a country outside the United States or in Memphis if you are an international student. Participants may only enter one photo and the photo must be taken by the individual. All photos should be accompanied with a brief text describing the cross-cultural component of the photo. Submissions will be judged by a committee. Travel vouchers will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each catagory.
Submit all photos to the Study Abroad Office by the deadline with a completed entry form. Entries will be on display during International Education Week, November 18 - 22. The location of the display will be announced closer to the time of the event.
1. All entries must include an international experience with the theme of "Engaging with the Host Community & Culture".
2. Entries are limited to the following:
- UM students who have studied abroad
- International students at the U of M
- U of M Alumni who have had an international experience
4. Submit jpeg file to the online application.
5. Submit one 8 X 10 photo printed on photo quality paper to the study abroad office (see following address). Photos that do not meet this size requirement will not be accepted.
The University of Memphis
Center for International Programs
102 Brister Hall
Memphis, TN 38152
6. Black and white photos as well as colored photos are acceptable.
7. No dry mounted or framed pictures will be accepted.
8. Submitted photos will not be returned to their owners and shall become the property of The University of Memphis Center for
International Programs and Services, which will have a non-exclusive license to reproduce said photos in order to highlight international activities.
9. Entries must have been taken within the last 12 months.
10. Any prize money received will be reported to the Financial Aid Office.
Click "Apply Now" to begin an application.