Program Description: Students have the opportunity to enroll in academic courses at EM Strasbourg Business School of the University of Strasbourg. Strasbourg is the seat of a number of European institutions and organizations, such as the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the European Commission and Court of Human Rights. Students will visit renowned businesses, international institutions, and cultural sights once a week in conjunction with classes. As the intellectual, artistic and economic capital of Alsace, Strasbourg offers all the advantages of a large city, but at a manageable size. Strasbourg has a thriving cultural and social life that is second only to Paris. The city boasts an impressive number of exhibitions, concerts, festivals, theatres, libraries, premières, contemporary music, music venues, and cabarets.
Program Dates: Students have the option of choosing either of the two summer sessions. Note that this application is for both Summer sessions.
Session 1 : May 26 - June 26, 2020
Session 2 : June 16 - July 18, 2020
Flyer Summer School 2020.pdf
Students will experience the following unique aspects of the program:
- Challenging and thought provoking classes on how business is conducted in Europe.
- Case studies and team-building projects that help students develop their problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Presentations from international guest speakers.
- Visits to a variety of companies which may include: Mercedes,Steelcase, Smart, WeberHaus, Wine Industry, Siemens, Tomi Ungerer Muesum, and Duetsche Bank in conjunction with the classes taught.
- Cultural visits - Possible examples: Haut- Koenigsbourg castle, Sipp winery, guided tour of Strasbourg, etc.
- French Language and Culture (Beginner & Intermediate - approx. 1 US credit (3 ECTS)
- European Integration (English) - Topics include History of European Integration, Functions of European Institutions, & The European Union and the World. (6 ECTS or 3 US credits)
- Business in Europe (English) - Topics include Managing Arts Organizations, Marketing in Europe, Managing the Cultural Differences in the European Context, Leadership in Europe, and Human Resource Management. (6 ECTS or 3 US credits)
||Program Cost Includes
||Program Cost Does Not Include
(subject to change)
- Tuition for 6 credit hours
- $350 Application Fee
- International Student ID Card
- Housing (see estimated budget below)
- International Airfare
- Health Insurance
- Personal costs
*Please note: We reserve the right to cancel or make changes to the itinerary.
Estimated Cost (Housing, Food, & Local Transportation Card): $675 - $1,104. Housing is shared apartment. Single accommodation available upon request. Detailed Budget for Housing and Meal Plan:Summer School Budget for students 2019.pdf For students who purchase meals at school, the estimated costs for food will be higher. See the budget sheet.
Application Process: In addition to completing the Study Abroad application due by March 1st, students should also complete the Strasbourg application. The Strasbourg application will be available with the program materials on the online application and will need to be turned in to the Study Abroad Office. Students are responsible for paying the $350 application fee by the deadline date.
| <iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5v51F_yv1AA?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>
|| <iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AL42grloNtA" width="560"></iframe>
||Photos of Strasbourg