Program Description: The second session of the European Summer Program takes place at Lille Catholic University, a multidisciplinary university, and France's largest private university. The European Summer Program's goal is to give international students the opportunity to study at a University at the heart of Europe. The program is designed for students who are looking for a high-quality study abroad experience. Participants come from all over the world, and this diversity enhances the program for students as they are able to interact with other international students sharing a similar experience in France.
Summer Session II
June 25 -July 24, 2020
Video: Check out Stephanie's experience in Lille!
||Program Fee Includes
||Program Fee Does Not Include
(subject to change)
- $350 application fee
- Field trips to Brugge and Brussels, Belgium
- Cultural activities and field trips
- Round-trip airfare
- 50 Euro housing deposit
- Personal expenses
- Optional Excursions
- International medical insurance
*Please note: We reserve the right to cancel or make changes to the itinerary.
Courses: All students take an intensive French class at their level. In addition to the French class, students may choose from a variety of electives taught in English or French, as listed below. Classes meet Monday to Friday with French class in the morning and the elective course during the afternoons.
|Courses Taught in English
||Courses Taught in French
- Introduction to European Studies: History, Politics and Society
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development
- Corporate Culture, Human Resources and Innovation
- Understanding Contemporary France
- World-Class Art Museums between Paris and Brussels
- Health as a common good?
- Techniques of Traditional Cartoon and Digital Animation
- Intro to Art Cinema
- International Teamwork and Communication
- International Marketing
- European Union Policy Making
- Science and Engineering Courses
*Students will take a placement test to be sorted from beginner to advanced.
- French Language and Culture*
- Communication Francaise (minimum A2+)
Accommodations: Students will be housed in single-occupancy rooms in the student dormitory and will have access to the university cafeteria during its open hours on weekdays.
Watch Video on 2013 Program
- Daytrip to Amiens and its cathedral: 50 Euros
- Visit WWI trenches, battlefields, and memorials: 65 Euros
- Weekend in Normandy: 250 Euros
- Weekend in Amsterdam: 250 Euros or 450 Euros (cost depends on accommodation standards)
- Weekend in Paris: 250 Euros