Summer Session I
May 25 - June 23, 2020
Program Description: The first session of this program takes place at Lille Catholic University, a multidisciplinary university, and France's largest private university. The European Summer Program's goal is to give international students the opportunity to study in the summer at a University at the heart of Europe. The program is designed for students who are looking for a high-quality study abroad experience. Participants come from all over the world, and this diversity enhances the program for students as they are able to interact with other international students sharing a similar experience in France.
Video: Check out Stephanie's experience in Lille!
If you are interested in applying for the second session, please visit that program's webpage here.
||Program Fee Includes
||Program Fee Does Not Include
(subject to change)
- $350 application fee
- Field trips to Brugge and Brussels, Belgium and Tyne Cot WWI Cemetery and regional WWI Museum
- Cultural activities and field trips
- Round-trip airfare
- 50 Euro housing deposit
- Personal expenses
- Optional Excursions
- International medical insurance
*Please note: We reserve the right to cancel or make changes to the itinerary.
Courses: All students take an intensive French class at their level. In addition to the French class, students may choose from a variety of electives taught in English or French, as listed below. Classes meet Monday to Friday with French class in the morning and the elective course during the afternoons. To take an elective taught in French, students must have high intermediate or advanced French language.
|Courses Taught in English
||Courses Taught in French
- Corporate Culture, Human resources and Innovation
- International Marketing and Communication
- International Teamwork and Communication
- Introduction to French Cinema
- Introduction to French & Francophone Women Writers
- World-Class Museums between Paris and Brussels
- Healthcare Systems: A Comparative Approach
- Understanding the Eco-System of Food in France and Europe
- Understanding Contemporary France
- Intro to Art & Cinema
- Politics in a Digital Era
- European Union Policy Making
- Fashion, Textiles, and Sustainable Futures
- French Language and Culture*
- Communication Francaise (minimum A2+)
- La France et son cinema (minimum B2+)
*Students will take a placement test to be sorted from beginner to advanced.
Watch Video on 2013 Program
- Visit WW1 trenches, battlefields, and memorials - 65 Euros
- Daytrip to Amiens - 50 Euros
- Weekend in Paris - 250 Euros
- Weekend in Normandy - 250 Euros